Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My cell phone screen is black but I can hear it start and

Customer Question

Hi my cell phone screen is black but I can hear it start and the bottom button still lights up. It is a LG 41C
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 1 year old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have removed the battery and pu it back in and I have tried holding the power button down for one minute while the battery was out then reinserting it and tried turning it back on and its still black.
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cell Phone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

Since a power cycle did not work, either the display cable has come loose inside the camera or the screen will need to be replaced.

If the phone is no longer under any warranty or insurance cover, you will need to send it for repair.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.