ProTechExper
ProTechExper,
Experience:  Technical Expert at Verizon Wireless
94955786

How do i bypass screen asking to login with previous google

Customer Question

How do i bypass screen asking to login with previous google address. Already hard reset. Lg stylo bought used dont know previous google login used on phone.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be your "Device Repair Technician. I will assist you the best possible way I can to help resolve the issue you are having with your device. I would also like to ask you to rate me on my services that I will providing for you. So lets get started.
Since you are having problems with this you should do a factory reset
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did that
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did not work
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello? I explained in my request for information that i already did that. Please advise another way yo fix or i will have to give thumbs down poor rating and demand refund.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please answer me
I would set up another email address and use that to try and login. Once that is done I would go to old email and add that one so that you can get pass that point. After that is done just delete the new email address.
Also make sure all the sync setings are on as well.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok please read again. I DO NOT KNOW the email address that was previously used on the phone. It only wants the email address that was previously used. It will not accept a new one. I need to know how to bypass it. I thought this site would have technician with knowledge of the developer type. I am so far very disappointed with the advice you have given.
Expert:  ProTechExper replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am an android expert. Are you still need help with the anti theft lock feature of android

which requires the original email?

If so I have some info or data that may be able to assist with that issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea thank you it sounds like you know more about this than the last technician please do help

Yes let me start by giving you some information about what's going on. Google created a rule that if you have a pin/passcode/thumbprint on your phone and it is reset from too many attempts or if you power off and reset you have to enter the email address that was on the device originally. I understand you do not have that email. Do you know any email that you would have setup as a recovery email?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No because I bought the phone used at a swap meet and do not know or have any way of finding the previous owner

So if I understand the phone had a previous user and was not reset prior to you using it. Ok. What is the make and model of the device?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cricket LG stylo I believe
LG-K540
Imei- 357630070414241
S/N-605cyas041424

Still checking on you some options because according to the OS (google) the phone is working as designed and the only option normally is to mail the phone into the manufacturer (LG)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you for your dedication please let me know what you find

Ok thanks for you patients I have been able to figure out that the Kill switch is a law and there is no work around other than sending phone to LG. Federal law http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjsooTRtNjNAhXLcD4KHTMaBQIQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.informationweek.com%2Fmobile%2Fmobile-devices%2Fsmartphone-kill-switch-could-become-federal-law%2Fd%2Fd-id%2F1113856&usg=AFQjCNGcdluq3fG8i0GUUK147oPZC8GA9Q&bvm=bv.126130881,d.cWw

This link below will allow you to start the process of sending your phone in for repair from LG because otherwise the phone is at this point a "paperweight"

https://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-service/schedule-repair

Just touching base with you to see if you were able to contact LG to see if they could offer any repair option.