John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

Can't log into apple phone. .'t know password. The

Customer Question

can't log into apple phone. .don't know password. The one I have written down doesn't work
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 months ago.

is it the passcode to unlock the iPhone and reach the home screen you are having trouble with? ... or the password ***** your Apple ID?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Apple ID for phone

Thanks,

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,