Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I bought a samsung galaxy cell phone,i put in a password so

Customer Question

i bought a samsung galaxy cell phone,i put in a password ***** no one could see my stuff,i forgot what it was pushed in too many times and i got locked out
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: about 3 weeks old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i cant do anything,i need to get in my phone for that kinda stuff
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cell Phone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If that is an Android phone, then if you have entered too many wrong passwords,

A. you will need to wait about 72 hours, leaving the phone quite alone until then, to get another chance at entering another try at your password, and

B. you may, if your password ***** ***** gone, need to either retrieve your password ***** if it has been entered on another device... or, likely, need to go to a computer, try to log in to the account, get refused for a wrong password, then use the 'Forgot password?' link to retrieve it or reset it - if that option is either possible or practical, for whatever number of real-life reasons.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I will try these ideas

Good. I hope it goes well. If not, there's another alternative: to hard reset your phone back to factory conditions. But: if you do so, you have to authorize the operation by entering... your password! of course. So it's best to try what I said previously (A and B paragraphs in my answer) before thinking of doing so.