Dustin, Technician
Experience:  5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.
19897260

My IPhone was downloading iTune and I didn't want it so I

Customer Question

My IPhone was downloading iTune and I didn't want it so I stopped it. Now my iPhone S is disabled and will not let my in, what do I do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What exactly does your phone say when you turn it off, then back on?

Please be specific and exact, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
slide for emergency calls only and it is 44% charged
Sorry Dustin...you said exactly. Thanks
Cindi
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Much appreciated..

Hold the Sleep/Wake up button to switch off the device until the slider comes up. Slide to switch off the device. You can also do this alternatively by holding Sleep/Wake button and the power button for a few seconds to switch off the phone.

Step 2: Connect the USB cable to iPhone but don’t connect it to computer. Launch iTunes.

Step 3: Press and hold the Home Button and connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer now (make sure iTunes is open at this time).

Step 4: Keep holding the Home button and wait for the device to switch on. After few minutes, the ‘Connect to iTunes’ will appear on the device. This is where you let go of the Home button.

Step 5: iTunes should say that the device has been detected in Recovery Mode. Select OK and Restore for the device to be restored.

Now, the issue should be fixed.. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm new at this, lost at step 2. I switched it off and put the USB cord into the phone, how do I launch iTunes? When I turn it back on I still says he same things.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a mac or pc with itunes installed?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I don't.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

To fix the phone, you will need to contact a friend, family member, or colleague with a windows or mac that has i tunes installed.

T hen, you will have to follow these steps.

With that being said, in the future try to be careful when the phone says its updating or downloading or installing anything apple related.. The phone has to have certain programs and updates to run properly and if you cancel or stop those updates, you almost always have to restore the phone using a computer and the itunes program on that computer.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay, I'll try that in the morning, Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, if you encoun ter any issues when you try restoring your phone via itunes, let me know!

Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Hello again.. I never heard back from you.. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.