Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an Asus Fonepad. Last week I started having the

Customer Question

I have an Asus Fonepad. Last week I started having the problem that all my phone calls were blocked as if I were an airplane mode. I took the phone to the AT&T store where they inserted a new SIM card. The problem was resolved temporarily for a couple of days but today it has started again. I have a message that says connection problem or invalid MMI code
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked under settings the phone barring option and all of those options are disabled
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have also restarted my phone several times and checked all reasonable settings
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been using this phone pad for just over a year and a half and have had no trouble with it until this occurred a few days ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ASUS phonepad X
Android version 4.4.2
If you need software details I can send you those
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Both incoming and outgoing calls are blocked
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Internet and texting work normally
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may need to back up all data of yours that is stored on the Android handheld device in question, to another device - either Synced to a computer, or better, copied individually to a memory card and then the memory card taken out.

Then you might find the problem relieved by doing a Hard Reset (accompanied by a Data Wipe) on your Android device. This will erase all individual configurations and data on it back to factory-release condition. That might cure the problem.

(Also you might want to check for vulnerability in your Android OS. Android handhelds have been targets for hacking and malicious interference at a distance for some time now owing to published security holes - that, if still present, need patching.)