Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers, Electronics, and Cell and Mobile Technology
23511658

I tried to transfer my straight talk phone to another phone

Customer Question

I tried to transfer my straight talk phone to another phone and my samsong galaxy will not let me call out and no one can call in I tried to transfer the old phone last nite and the new phone shows unregistered sim on it I tried tocall and I keep being told to call back in 15 min I use this as a business phone so I need it as soon as possible
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

It sounds like your phone is SIM Locked by a previous carrier. You will need to contact the original phone's carrier to have them unlock it to use it with another SIM. I have an article with information about this (the article is not about this model phone, but the same exact thing applies to the Samsung Galaxy).

http://www.brainchamber.com/2016/03/23/cricket-huawei-m865-straighttalk/