Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

I am getting this message with Facebook, "You have tried

Customer Question

Hi, I am getting this message with Facebook, "You have tried entering too many codes. Try again later." -- I've waited but I still don't have access.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be your "Device Repair Technician. I will assist you the best possible way I can to help resolve the issue you are having with your device. I would also like to ask you to rate me on my services that I will providing for you. So lets get started.
Well as far as what you talking about, I think you need to reset your codes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Reset what codes? I've reset all of the codes. I continue receiving the same message.
Okay are you talking about codes or password
All that it is, is password *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to receive a code to reset my password-- I receive the code to reset my password ***** that's as far as I can go-- I can't reset my password ***** I receive the aforementioned message.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not clear what the solution is, or the solution that you're offering. Can you please clarify how you can help?
Okay. You will need to contact Facebook Support and tell them that you have non-working code so they can help you move on.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's not the code that isn't working -- it's that I can't access my password ***** of the message I'm receiving (which is taking me on this circuitous loop). How do you suggest I contact them? I've already <<tried>> contacting them, but there's no one to contact because I don't have a working password-- and I can't access my password ***** I've been messaged that I need to try again later-- but this is later-- and I still have an inaccessible account.
Well Facebook usually take a day to get back with you. So I wouldn't be expected to hear anything tonight
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not clear how I contact them --? I have tried, but none of my messages go through because I can't access my account. How do I contact them?
You don't have to be login to your account to contact Facebook. Just go to Google and type in Facebook Support and you can go there by leaving a message using your email address.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm not clear how to contact facebook directly -- I've googled Facebook Support, I've gone to the website, but I can't without logging into my account. Can you please clarify how to do this? Support will direct me to this page: https://www.facebook.com/login/identify but I can't access it-- I will input my name, then it will say "How would you like to reset your password?" -- then I will notify Facebook how I want to be notified (with a specific email address associated with Facebook), then it will say: "Enter Security Code" (that was emailed to me)-- I'll input the code, and then I'll get the message, "You have tried entering too many codes. Try again later." Like I said before, I'm in a loop-- I can't contact Facebook without access to my profile. If you have another way to contact Facebook, please let me know.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Plus, I can't ask a question to the Facebook Community without being logged in, either.
This should work for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already tried that email -- this is the response I received:
Hi,You've reached us at a channel that we don't support. Please visit the Help Center to find answers to many frequently asked questions and up-to-date forms you can use to get in touch with us:https://www.facebook.com/helpWe apologize for the inconvenience.Thanks,
The Facebook Team
I'll figure it out for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks - I'm still completely locked out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm curious if my issue is still being worked on-- I <<still>> am locked out of Facebook... I'm not sure what to do... Thanks!
To see if you have these options:
1. Go to the Facebook login page and click Forgot your password? or Can't login? in the top right.
2. Fill out the form to identify your account.
3. Select I forgot my password ***** the next page if prompted.
4. Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account.