Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

My iphone wont let me call forward im withvatt and my wife

Customer Question

My iphone wont let me call forward im withvatt and my wife and i are separating and the acvount is in ger name also when i call my credit catd company my number is ***** something different thx
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with b oth Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. When you say that your number is ***** something different, can you tell me exactly what you mean? For instance, if you called a friend, would their caller id show the correct number?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No when i call them it shows my number since my phone wont let me call forward i know somethings not right i have an iphone 6 its not jailbroken but my service is under my wifed name so they wont answer any wyestions
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Have you tried these steps to enable call forwarding?

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding.
  2. Tap the desired call forwarding option:
    • Activate Call Forwarding
      1. Tap the Call Forwarding toggle to set to On.
      2. Enter the desired forwarding number, and then tap Call forwarding.
      3. When on, the call forwarding icon will be displayed at the top of the screen.
    • Change the Call Forwarding number
      1. Tap Forward to.
    • Turn Call Forwarding off
      • Tap the Call Forwarding toggle to set to Off.
  3. Your settings will automatically be saved. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

What happens when you take those steps? Does it allow you to go all the way through it and just not save it? I highly recommend that you talk to them about establishing your own account as your wife could cancel the service at any time, or if not cancel it, make changes that are not to your liking.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Exactly
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Are you saying that it does allow you to go all the way through it and just not save it? If so, then call forwarding is not enabled on that at&t account.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has never been an issue before so why now
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Have you tried shutting your phone down and restarting? Often, strange things can happen when you haven't shut it down in awhile. If that doesn't resolve the issue then it is most likely because she has made changes to the account. I'm sorry but there's no way to bypass any changes that may have been made on an account level.