Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs

I have a S2 T989 and its dead. No power at all. Battery

Customer Question

Hello, I have a S2 T989 and its dead. No power at all. Battery appears good. I some in some videos that a capacitor can be removed to fix this problem. However my phone is a bit different and I'm not sure which capacitor it is on S2 t989. Thanks for your help.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If you're working with SMD components, a guess won't do. You will need to be sure.One way of seeing whether a capacitor (read, if you can, the C prefix off the board itself, with a magnifier if needed, to identify an SMD capacitor) is defective in the manner you describe, is to run the circuitry live, with voltage applied to it, and see whether the voltage is on one side of the capacitor, and not on the other. The advice online, if it doesn't match your model or model-revision-level, is as good as useless, let me advise you.And, removing a capacitor is a very dubious modification. (As opposed to replacing it.) That sort of component is, generally speaking, quite necessary. Are you sure the battery isn't dead? this model was noted for having batteries that went bad rather easily. A way to tell would be, to try to power up the phone while it is on the charger or has the charger plugged into it - if it is the type of phone that has a charger that plugs into it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello.....I have already tried your suggestion but no luck. Please advise.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm still waiting to have my phone fixed. I'm an Electrical and Computer Engineer and I own a Data Recovery business.........I'm telling you this to brag but if someone of my technical knowledge decides to pay a third party it is because I need the problem fixed. Otherwise I would just go on online forums for free or contact the few cell phone companies that refer Data recovery cases to me. My hope is to give you a FIVE STAR. I believe that is more valuable than $18. Thanks for understanding.
OK, I understand.
I admit I don't know a lot about component-level repair of Samsung phones of this type. I have decided it would be best if I Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts in this category. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your honesty and professionalism. I will still give you a 5 STARS after I close the case. Please send me an email at***@******.*** so i can keep track of you. Thanks Russell.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I actually just tried to rate you but it is not allowing me. Please advise.
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 5 months ago.
Really dont understand the question