Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

Galaxy s4 screen is frozen

Customer Question

galaxy s4 screen is frozen
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from theThen remove the battery from the phone and wait 5 minutesThen connect the battery and power on the phone and tell me please if it is now functioning correctly
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
It went straight back to the frozen screen when you put the battery in?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes, the screen comes up, but the touch feature does not work - cannot access anything
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I am here, can you power it off, then hold the volume up and power button until you get to a menu.Tell me if you can get to this menu please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
menu does not come up
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, remove the battery again.Wait 5 minutes, put it back in then hold Volume UP and Power and tell me if it now gets to the menu please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the mainboard that shorts out, and causes the device to stall. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
your welcomeIf you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submitThank youRichard
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do you know will they be able to pull my stuff off my phone?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Not off the internal memory, thats gone, but anything on the SD card is ok
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you