Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all cell phones.
30037186

My finger print scan doesn't work and I can't remember my backup password. Sams

Customer Question

My finger print scan doesn't work and I can't remember my backup password. Samsung Galaxy alpha.
Any suggestions
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Viet-Cell Phone Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it okay to reset your Samsung Galaxy Alpha phone fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes.
Thank you. Please try the following:Press and hold the Power button and select the Power off option and confirm.Press and hold together these 3 buttons: Volume Up + Home + Power.When the Android logo / recovery menu appears on the screen, release those keys.Use the Volume Up / Down buttons to select option "wipe data / factory reset", then press Power button to confirm.Use the Volume Up / Down buttons to select option "Yes -- delete all user data", then press Power button.Wait a bit until the reset process is finished.Once option "reboot system now" is shown, press Power button.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
You would hold the 3 buttons Volume Up + Home + Power at the same time for about 10 seconds.- If needed, please click on the website below and watch the video instructions there:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwIMHgBwQggDo you see the recovery menu when holding those 3 buttons?When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,