Nathan, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert with smartphones, iphone

My mom gave me an iPad. My dad had it set up and he recently

Customer Question

My mom gave me an iPad. My dad had it set up and he recently died. My mom never used it and doesn't know any of the passwords.
Can I get the iPad reset so I can use it?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Doug, and for your loss. You can reset it, what you'll need to do is a full factory reset (restore). Plug the ipad into the usb cord, to your computer. Press and hold the lock and home buttons together, for about 60 seconds, until the screen goes blank, then to white apple logo, then to usb/itunes logo. Then within the itunes program on the computer you can Restore the ipad (set up as new device). Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Doug?