Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My wife and i both have the same brand/model cell phone and

Customer Question

my wife and i both have the same brand/model cell phone and same service. and we often have issues of when someone calls one of us that the phone doesn't ring or show a call or missed call at all.. it will pop up with a voicemail if one is left. if not, no record of the call. we are using cricket wireless. seems to happen more at home.. but we have great service here so it may just be that we notice it more when we are here because we get more calls when we are at home. anything i can do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Phones that don't ring are exasperatingly unreliable, period. Even if it only happens sometimes. (I honestly have to question though: how do you tell that a call came in, if it doesn't ring, or show evidence otherwise?) If the ringtone is set one way, be sure to set its volume high enough that it cannot be missed, I would say.After that... could it be that the cell phone ran down its battery, and needed charging up, and so it curtailed its ringtone to save power? And after that... you might have defective and unreliable phones. In which case, replacing the phone itself would be the likely cure. (What make and model of phone do you have? it might have a reputation for this sort of difficulty, and if you tell me the model, I can look it up.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know its not a grand device. It is a lg g stylo from metro pcs.
That phone has once been reported as not ringing nor vibrating by one user, and for various other problems (mainly configuration problems.)What version of Android OS is on your phone(s) ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
5.1.1 lollipop
That version is advanced enough that you are not having a problem with the earlier, or un-updated, versions of Android that have a famous 'security hole' through which your phone might be hacked, controlled, or altered... no, that is not a problem with a 5.1.1 version Android phone. So I suggest that, after checking that ringtone and not vibrate, is enabled on your phone, that the volume of the ringtone is set sufficiently high, and that the battery charge level of your phone(s) is good... try the phones for a day or two, see if they are now satisfactory, and if they still appear not to work right, either take them to a shop, or replace them, as you wish. If this answers your question completely, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.