Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I purchased a new LG G STYLO a couple months ago. I have a

Customer Question

I purchased a new LG G STYLO a couple months ago. I have a 32GB SD card installed. When I restart the phone for any reason it says that the files on the sd card are corrupt or may be blank and asks me if i want to format the sd card. I do not format it, and then i take the battery cover off and pull the sd card out and then slide it right back in and it reads it with no problem. I did verify that i have a authentic sandisk class 10 sd card. Why is it doing this?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Hi there,The card may not be making good contact with the phone, or it may be failing and you risk losing everything that is stored on it.If the card is fairly new and you trust it to be reliable, then first you could try copying all your information to a computer and re-format the card, then transfer your information back onto the card and this should resolve the error message.If that doesn't help then it is time for a new card.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Hi, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?