Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have a Lg306G cell phone and I would like to delete recent

Customer Question

I have a Lg306G cell phone and I would like to delete recent recipients from the text messages. How do I do that?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Open the Messages app. Open Inbox. Touch the Options button of phone. It will show several options like Delete, Soryby, Delete All Read messages etc. Touch Delete. Select the message you want to be deleted and touch Done or OK or Delete after selecting them.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can delete the messages but I can't delete the recent recipients. When you create a new message and "send" I go to the menu and there's a "recent recipients" link with a "history" of numbers that you texted. I want to get rid of those. How do you do this? LG306g.
thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to delete these as the options are limited in this model (this is a non Android device).

Turn off the phone for 2 minutes and also remove the battery. Turn it on. Then open Call > Call logs and delete them. Now open Messages, and do you see them ? If so, then please do the steps below

Open Contacts or Logs

Menu
View by
Change to sent messages
Menu
and do you see Delete ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Also tap and hold down on recent recipient contacts and does it give you any options ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

There is one more options.

Go to Messaging/Messages, tap Options Send message>Text Message>Others>From Recent List>then check the box of the one you want to delete and do you see delete option ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No for all of those.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, then the only way to delete them is by doing a master reset. These are non-android phones which means they are limited in functions and control over things. LG didn't design it with a option to clear recent recipients.

You have to master reset it. The problem with master reset is, it will delete everything from the phone including contacts, photos etc. You may not want that. Let me know if you want to master reset it.

For some phones, if you send texts to different contacts, then the recents will be replaced with these. This is not a solution, but a workaround. Let me know how it goes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

.