Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I'd like to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to an old ViewSonic

Customer Question

I'd like to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to an old ViewSonic VA1912wb monitor through the VGA cable. What do I need to do this? How do I get it to work?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm working on your question. I will reply in a few minutes.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You need to buy the MHL to VGA Adapter. See here --> http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Adapter-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B00ESM3VXO

(You may find cheaper adapters on eBay)

You also need to buy an VGA cable and a 3.55mm audio cable if you don't have already.

Also you need to connect a charging cable (Micro USB) to the adapter for it to work. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

When you get the MHL to VGA Adapter, just connect your phone to your TV with it and your phone will mirror its screen instantly on to the TV (without the need of any additional software).