Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an old Verizon Motorola cell phone it stopped working

Customer Question

I have an old Verizon Motorola cell phone it stopped working and I bought a new cell phone
and I was told I could plug old phone into computer and retrieve all of my contacts.
Is that true and how do I do it.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Were your contacts Google Contacts? if so, they may simply be stored on the Google servers, and be retrievable from there.

If not, then the next question is, does your Motorola cell phone still work well enough, that it will power up if connected to a computer?

If not - try it and see, simply - then you cannot get contacts or other info off it that way.

...unless it has them stored on a memory card plugged into the cell phone (- if it is an old cell phone, I doubt it has a memory card storage ability.)

Let me know the model # ***** at least the model name of the old Motorola cell phone. It might suggest something that can be done if all the above cannot be done.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The phone does not work at all. I'm not sure this is the model number but on the battery it say
MOTOROLA BK61

Is there anything on the outer case of the phone?

The battery is non-specific, I can't tell anything from it. It's just a battery.