Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I activated a go phone with my ATT account for **********.

Customer Question

I activated a go phone with my ATT account for **********. Now I can't access the gophone.-- either for making or receiving calls.
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can be reached at(###) ###-####for the next two hours.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

`Hi there and welcome

When you say you cannot access the phone, what do you exactly mean with this Ruth? It is frozen and not responsive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no dial tone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Its a home phone or a cell phone Ruth and which make and model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a cell phone. At&t basic Go Phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Whats the make and model of the phone you have please as Go Phone is the contract type.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AT&T Z222.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that Ruth

Can you remove the battery from the phone please which you do by removing the back cover.

Wait 5 minutes

Connect the battery again, put the back cover on and turn on the phone.

tell me if you can then make a call please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery out.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither long distance cellphone call or local land line call went through.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

And what do people hear when they call you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. I will test now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cellphone on the other end of my call did not ring when I dialed from cellphone. I couldn't reach the local call recipient, but was able to get through to the recipient's voicemail when I called from my home phone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

sorry I do not exactly understand the message, whats the problem cells phone number and ill make a test call

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My old cellphone number is(###) ###-#### The cell phone number which I called and spoke to about the matter is(###) ###-#### ***** local landline is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I called(###) ###-####but got wrong number

You sure thats it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

did you just answer it? and told someone wrong number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not my cell phone number. It's a third party. My cell phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ruth, I asked please, what is the phone number of the cell phone with the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a new cellphone which doesn't work, either making or receiving telephone calls. Yesterday I communicated by telephone with customer service and an instore visit about a cellphone with that number which was lost on Friday, Feb 19th. There was an ancillary issue about a Smartphone which had been mailed to me by ATT on Jan. 29th. The old Smartphone has not been found. When I call that number, the call seems to go through and I can collect messages from it. I was instructed by ATT yesterday to purchase a basic phone and call ATT back to transfer the number. I did so today and spoke with someone whose name, I believe, was David. He said that he had activated my new phone and transferred the number. He also said that the new ATT monthly rate would be lower than I had been paying previously.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

So the cell phone with this issue has phone number(###) ###-####correct? I just need to be sure so I can call it and see what happens Ruth

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cell phone I have in my hand has no response. Somewhere, there is a cellphone with(###) ###-####which has an answering machine that works. I have no clue as to where that phone is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could call ATT back to confirm my understanding of our call this morning. Would that be the easiest way to solve the problem? Or at least, part one of the problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I just called your number and it does go to voicemail, I just needed to confirm.

To be sure, have you put the SI card from AT&T in your phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The SIM was in the phone when I received it from the merchant.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, needed to ensure, then the issue is nothing to do with the phone, it is with the account on the servers.

It appears they are directing it to the wrong sim card.

You will have to call on 1(###) ###-####as it is not a phone issue.

Explain the phone is functioning and that any issues have been ruled out, it is on and ready but the calls go straight to voicemail and it cannot make calls indicating they are blocking it from the network. Either they will then refresh the account or replace the sim card if they see on the system as this at fault. But this is what you will need to do sorry Ruth.

I will though mark this question to never close, so any issues at all, let me know here this is no problem.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you