Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have samsung A 107 phone.Its completely unlocked but not

Customer Question

Hi I have samsung A 107 phone.Its completely unlocked but not working in INdia...i googled and found its frequency not works in India..is there any way we can change that
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Android Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hi I have samsung A 107 phone.Its completely unlocked but not working in INdia...i googled and found its frequency not works in India..is there any way we can change thatRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/android-devices/6er76-recently-purchased-go-phone-samsung-sgh-a107.html#ixzz40P808nxm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Android Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Android Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 9 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Unfortunately No. India have the frequency of 1800 and 950 where the US have frequency of 1900 and 850.

Samsung SGH-A107 has the frequency of 1900 and 850 and it will not work on countries with other frequencies. It is mainly designed for US and it is not a world or global phones.

This is an hardware limitation and nothing to do with locked or unlocked. It doesn't matter whether it is locked or unlock, it will simply not get the signal. There is no way to change the frequency because it depends up on the hardware.

I know this is not the answer you want, but this is the reality. If you are not satisfied with the answer, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. You don't have to rate anything. You can close this page without rating and ignore the rating request emails if you receive any.

Best Regards,