Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a Pantech P6030 cell phone and I am using it with

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a Pantech P6030 cell phone and I am using it with Pantech PC Suite for file management and loading messages so that I can print a short message list. Prior to today, I never had any difficulty loading my text messages into the software and printing them. I configured the connectivity on my phone and the software as USB. Once the phone was connected to the computer and the software, the phone would show "Mass Storage." No problem. I would use the software and successfully print my short message list. Today, however, having done this several times, a new message on my phone pops up: "For Music Player or Mass Storage, you must insert an external memory card." I ordered one. But I never received this message before. And when I would try to load my messages on the Pantech PC Suite Software, it would begin the process, but a warning would appear about "managing my cell phone." My cell phone would turn off during the process and one time my computer blue-screened. My message inbox is completely full. Is the phone asking me for a memory card because my memory is maxed out? I looked at the Memory statistics and there is still some left. Puzzled.
JA: Sometimes cell phone issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Cell Phone Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Cell Phone Technician should know?
Customer: Nothing except what I just shared. :)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cell Phone Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Mary

First, to be sure, can you restart the phone and tell me if it still gives this behavior please?

If you already did this, no problem, just let me know please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I turned it off and restarted it many times. It would also turn itself off and restart many times during attempts at the process.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

Can you connect it to a different USB port on the computer and tell me please if in this new port you still get the issue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried that, too. Same problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

Can you go to Settings, Applications, locate Google Services Framework under the list ALL and press on it

Then press Clear Data.

Restart the device and tell me if you still have the issue please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi. Thanks for your help. I am very cautious. :) What "data" am I actually "clearing?"
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

The system data, not your own, it will be recreated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Under "Settings," on my Pantech Renue P6030, there is not a subcategory named "Applications."
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Ok, you have a custom firmware so its listed as then Apps, or Apps Manager or Applications Manager