Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My tracfone keeps restarting and I can't call or text or

Customer Question

my tracfone keeps restarting and I can't call or text or really anything! My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is an LG Tracfone that I have had a few years. I received a text yesterday. After that it does this thing where it acts like it is turning on after being off, but that it all it does, over and over. I have taken the battery out, put it back in and that doesn't work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cell Phone Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be that it is 'broken' (in point of having defective hardware, it may be that the operating system on it is corrupted.

Can you turn it Off so that it stays Off? if so, do so overnight, first of all, in case it is merely suffering from a temporary case of zapped electronics e.g. from static discharge.

(If it doesn't stay Off, then it may have a jammed Power button. Or similarly be defective in the Power button being prone to trigger.)

Then it may also have a corrupted OS. If it is an Android phone, a factory reset might cure that... but, if you have data on the phone that you want to save, it would be best to copy the data off onto another device, first, before doing a factory reset.

If you want to try a factory reset, please let me know what model of LG phone it is, and I will give you the factory reset procedure.