Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Best way to move contacts from LG800g to LGL15g

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The best option is, you can copy the contacts from your LG800G to the SIM card and then put the SIM card on your new phone.

On your LG800G, open Contacts app. Press the Options button and touch Settings. Touch Copy and you will see option to copy the SIM to the SIM card. Once you did that, put the SIM card on your new phone and the phone will recognize the contacts. If not, open Contacts app of new phone. Press Options tap (Settings > Contacts) or touch Import/Export. Then select Import from SIM card.

You can also do the transfer from one phone to anothe phone via bluetooth. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why have you not answered my response ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

I did answer your question. Didn't you get it ?

Here is it again

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Looks like you did not get my reply to your original response?I did as you suggested in that I copied the contacts to the LG800g Sim card successfully but when I went to move the card to the new LGL15g device, I saw that the LG800g Sim was much larger then the LGL15g Sim...I then asked you "What's to do now!"...BTW : Right after I clicked on the 'Send' button a dialog appeared in Russian asking me join something...
That worried me greatly and I tried to close the dialog window to no avail !
Next, I opened up another browser, clicked on an often used url and the same Russian dialog appeared...
After that, I rebooted my Mac and everything seemed to be OK...I have no idea if all that nonsense had anything to do with your web site but it made me leery...I still have no method to copy my LG800g contacts to the LGL15g. I have used BlueTooth somewhat but I need to know about file format differences between the 2 phones. Luckily both are LG so maybe they are compatible. I thought I may need a program to translate from the LG800g format to the LGL15g format...Please advise,
Jim Crowell
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, I didn't get your reply. You probably sent the reply to wrong place. Not sure what happened. My apologies for the inconvenience

It is better to transfer via SIM. You already did the first part right. You can cut the SIM and put it on your new phone. You need to get SIM cutter. It is safe to do that. See here --> http://www.amazon.com/Insten%C2%AE-Nano-Card-Cutter-Silver/dp/B00JD9RCNW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1454620270&sr=8-6&keywords=sim+cutter

You can take it to any mobile store to cut the SIM to smaller form. You can even buy the SIM adapter, so you can make it larger if you want to put it back to old phone. See here --> http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Nano-SIM-Card-Adapter/dp/B009GB6DBO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1454620358&sr=8-5&keywords=sim+adapter

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

You don't need a special program to transfer via bluetooth. It will work. But it is better to send it via SIM because all the contacts can be easily imported from SIM card to your new phone without losing anything.

From your description, it seems like the old phone has Normal SIM and the new phone has Micro SIM. So all you need to do is, cut the normal SIM to Micro SIM. You can take it to any local store and they will cut it for you. Then put the SIM to your new phone and open Contacts app. It will recognize the contacts. If not, open Contacts app of new phone. Press Options tap (Settings > Contacts) or touch Import/Export. Then select Import from SIM card.