Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

How do you know if you have a locked or unlocked cell

Customer Question

How do you know if you have a locked or unlocked cell phone??
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The easiest way is, get another SIM card from another carrier, then take out the existing SIM card from your phone and put the new SIM card on it. If your phone recognized this SIM card right away (meaning if you are able to make and receive calls from the new SIM card), then you have a, unlocked phone.

If you're asked for an unlock code or if you are unable to make and receive calls after putting new SIM card, that means you've a locked cell phone. To unlock the locked phone, you have to contact your carrier network and they will unlock it from there.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask