Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers, Electronics, and Cell and Mobile Technology
23511658

I need to connect my old phone to my computer but I can't

Customer Question

I need to connect my old phone to my computer but I can't click trust my computer because the screen is broken. is there a way to bypass that screen
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This is POSSIBLE, but it depends on many variables. If you already have USB debugging enabled on your phone, then it should be fairly easy going. If you don't, then a lot of what follows will depend on what ROM and recovery is on the phone. You can enabled USB debugging from ADB in some cases. Once you do connect, there is a tool you can use that will allow you to control the screen from the computer - this isn't the same is trying to connect through android which requires the selection to trust the machine. Here is a thread on XDA that discusses it.

http://bitli.es/N2CSMW