Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers, Electronics, and Cell and Mobile Technology
23511658

Is my name. I have a LG306G tracfone. I cannot get pictures

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** is my name. I have a LG306G tracfone. I cannot get pictures sent to my phone nor can i send pics.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter sent me some pictures to my phone. When i open the messages and select the "get" button to download the picture i get a "unable to retrieve" message
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cell Phones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

There are different settings in each phone that are responsible for multimedia messages vs text messages. When some can be sent, but not others, it is usually a problem related to these APN settings. You can get the specific settings and the steps to set them up on the followin Tracphone page:

http://bitli.es/lLNweV

Please let me know if following that corrects the problem. If not, we can continue from there.,