Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

Forgot my screen password

Customer Question

Forgot my screen password
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pantech p6020
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember my four digit password
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you don't remember the passcode, then we need to factory reset it. Please stay online. I will send you instructions in here.,

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

There are no manufacturer instructions available to reset it, so we have try some hidden method to reset it. Remember this will delete everything from the phone. This is your only way.

Turn off the phone. Then hold down Volume Up and Power button at the same time for 10 seconds and does it bring any menu ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No menu screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Can you try Volume down and Power for 20 seconds after it is turned on?

There are no official instructions available for this model to reset. I will open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea they will get back you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok well I have another cell phone tht I bought but it's locked through the carrier ATT can u unlock so I can use it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an LG phone smart phone
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Actually none of the experts in here will be able to unlock it because it has to be AT&T who should unlock it for you. Have you tried contacting AT&T to unlock and see if it eligible for unlock ?

See here --> http://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008728

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Can you try these key combination on your Pantech ?

Turn off the phone completely. Then hold down Volume down and Power button at the same until a reset menu appears ? If it boot it back to lock screen, then release the buttons.

Turn it off. Then hold down Volume Up, Volume Down and Power for several seconds and does it boot into any menu ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Or did you try the default combinations like 0000,1234, 1122 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my LG phone tht I bought I did call but said I couldn't because the phone was reported stolen but the guy I bought it from owned it
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Then you have to go through third party unlock services to get it unlocked or get the unlock code. I'm not sure if AT&T unlock it from their side.

There are many online unlock sites available. Following are some

https://www.freeunlocks.com/

https://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/

The problem is you have to pay for the unlock code. I'm afraid your phone is backlisted and the unlock might not work.

Re Pantech, did you try these steps ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good really like to use it especially since I bought it I know the guy tht owned it to
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

May be he can call AT&T and ask them to withdraw the 'lost complaint' or ask him to talk to AT&T directly to get it unlocked ?