Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Have a tracfone LCL21G and can't send or receive calls. It

Customer Question

Customer: have a tracfone LCL21G and can't send or receive calls. It hangs up immediately
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the phone won't work. Can't make calls or receive calls
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cell Phones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Susan,

1. Check that you have credit available.

2. Check that you have good coverage in your area, or try using the phone outdoors.

3. Try removing the battery for a few minutes, then put it back in and restart the phone.

4. If the above does not work, then there is an issue with the phone or its programming. Try reprogramming the phone with the programming phone number issued by Tracfone. Also try going into Settings, then Phone Security and turn off any call restrictions.