Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Ibought a new phone in the beginning of last month

Customer Question

ibought a new phone in the beginning of last month (december), the sales person at local at^t store said at&t did not sell batteras, had other problems withnold phone, asked fo a comparable phn, they soldme one, are almost identical. the reaction time on key bord is at least ten times as fast as im used to, i hit a wrong letter, erase it , phn takes whole erasses whole msg, instead of one letter, if t typ very slow % hold key a fraction too long, the letter repets many tims, not just one or two letters 7/8 letters, have no time to react, imm 73 yrs old my reactions are slower than ussed to be but this is rediculs!!! also i charge battery all night every night, a new battery, send two emails and battery is half depletted, thought charger might be defective, bought new one.no change!!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Paul,

If the battery is running down very quickly, then try turning off any apps or functions that are not required or not in use, e.g. bluetooth or wifi or location.

If you let me know the make and model of the phone, I can check if it is possible to slow down the keyboard reaction time.

Pete.