Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Can I get back into my old ATT phone so I can get all of my

Customer Question

Can I get back into my old ATT phone so I can get all of my contacts once I get the PUK code and can you help me to transfer all of my old contacts from the ATT phone to a consumer cellular phone
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you need your PUK code, on an ATT Wireless phone (as opposed to a Go Phone or several other types, perhaps), go to

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1011771

and then log in to your ATT account online, and get your PUK code there, then follow the instructions on this page, and enter the code carefully.

That's really it. If you find that you simply cannot obtain a PUK code (which goes with the SIM card on your phone, not the phone itself, and is not an 'unlock' for the phone, but just for the SIM card that is in the phone) you may have to obtain a new SIM card for the phone.

(If you have Google Contacts, of course, they are pretty much all stored online and you don't need the phone to transfer them to your new phone. But I presume you didn't use Google Contacts.)