Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

How do I turn off the voice on a tracphone alcatel a460G PLZ

Customer Question

Customer: how do I turn off the voice on a tracphone alcatel a460G PLZ
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I turned on a setting for people that cant see that well & now it wont shut up or go back to were I turned it on from
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cell Phones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES IF CAN HELP PLZ
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That option is called Talk Back or Voice Guide. When it is enabled, you have to tap on item to select it first (make sure the item has yellow/color border to confirm it is selected) and then double tap on it to open that item with yellow/color edge.

To scroll or swipe you have to use two fingers. Scrolling or swiping with one finger will not work.

Hit the menu button or open Apps list screen. Then tap and double tap on Settings. Remember, When TalkBack mode is enabled, double tap work as single tap.

You have to use two finger to swipe up or scroll down. Scroll down with two fingers, open Accessibility and turn off TalkBack from there. If you don't see Talk Back (or Voice Guide) under Accessibility then open Vision under Accessibility and you will find it there. Turn it off.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.