Jason Jones, Cell Phone Tech.
Experience:  10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Friend gave me her iPhone 5 since she got a new one. Can I

Customer Question

Friend gave me her iPhone 5 since she got a new one for Christmas. Can I take this iPhone to a Verizon store to get my phone number transferred to this phone? Her plan was with AT & T and I do not want to change from Verizon so I assume I will not be able to transfer my address book etc. but I am willing to enter it all manually if I can use this iPhone.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I am sorry to report there is no way to use your At&t phone with Verizon. The reason being is that the two companies use different types of cell networks. You can however, take a look at Verizon's trade in program, which may give you a discount on a new phone for your old phone. The following page will give more information regarding the trade in program: http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/device-trade-in/

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason