Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Need to make device (Motorola Droid Turbo) be recognized on

Customer Question

Need to make device (Motorola Droid Turbo) be recognized on PC to manually transfer photos stored in Gallery and information stored in Text messages. The Droid turns on but the screen is black and cable transfer to PC is not possible
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a reminder, your answer to my question won't help me any unless I'm able to retrieve the stored information from my phone...since it can not be displayed on a black screen. I've used many cell phones over the past 30 years and yes...I should have been backing the information up so I would have easy access. I've never broken or damaged any before and never believed for a moment the screen would shatter and go black. Thank you. Robert
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert,

The only way around this problem is to have the screen replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete, replacing the screen I already knew and that is cost prohibited. That did not answer my original question so I won't be charged then...right?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Robert,

I am not sure about the charges - I am a user of this site, just like you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this occasion, however there is no easy way to access the phone and get information off it without a working screen. The only other possibility would be to send it to a data recovery centre which would be much more expensive.

Pete.