Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Under settings, Messages, Message story, Keep Messages... it

Customer Question

Under settings, Messages, Message History, Keep Messages... it allows three options, 30 days which the drop down states "Delete Older Messages? This will permanently delete all text messages and message attachments from your device that are older than 30 days." Then it has a "delete" button or cancel...does it mean that if I choose the 30 day option I can retrieve a deleted message for up to thirty days and if so, I wouldn't be able to retrieve them on my iphone and see them on this device, correct? what is the purpose of this function? I would like to think that once I delete a text it remains deleted immediately.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That means all the messages and attachments which are older than 30 days or more will be deleted automatically. iPhone does this for you automatically. This is more like an automatic cleaning process. If you manually delete any messages regardless of the age, they will be deleted permanently and can't be recovered.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask

Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.

Even the messages that are deleted after 30 days will be permanently deleted and you wouldn't be able to see them on the device.