Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My iPhone looks to have gone completely dead. I've tried

Customer Question

Hi my iPhone looks to have gone completely dead. I've tried restarting and hard restarting. It's plugged in, but it's still totally unresponsive. I also don't know what caused it, I woke up and it was like this.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

How did you hard restart it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I held the home and power buttons for 10-15 seconds
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You did that part correctly. It is possible that the battery has failed. I want you to reset it from your computer. Connect it to your computer for 20 minutes and after 20 minutes, hold down both Power and Home button at the same time for 20-40 seconds and this will reset it. You may also hear some sound from your computer. Can you try that and let me know the results please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been plugged into a wall outlet and the problem seems to have resolved itself. Originally, the phone was plugged into a power converter with a USB port, I imagine that this was the source of the issue.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it was probably not getting enough charge. Connecting to computer was to rule out the adapter and force it to turn to recovery mode and also this would charge it.

I'm glad you got it worked.

Best Regards,