Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My name is ***** ***** and our friends LG slim smart phone

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and our friends LG slim smart phone stopped working it wont even turn on and when we plug it in to charge its not registering
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When we call the number it rings and goes to voicemail but its not on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cell Phones Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either the battery has failed or the phone is frozen. We can try to reset it.

Press and hold down the Power button for 20-40 seconds and this will soft reset it. If that didn't work, then connect it to your computer then hold down Power button for 20-40 seconds.

If that didn't work, then hold down Volume Down and Power for 20 seconds or hold down Volume Up and Power for 20 seconds.

If this has a removable battery, then remove the battery. Connect it to your computer and put the battery back in and turn it on by holding down Power button.

These are only ways to reset it. If it still not working, then either the battery is failed or the internal board has failed and you have to take it to LG to get the battery replaced or repair the phone.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.