John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

I recently had an update notice come up on my iPhone5. When

Customer Question

I recently had an update notice come up on my iPhone5. When I updated it my phone locked up and I took it back to my provider. Appalachian Wireless told me today that I needed to contact you about this problem. They tried to unlock it but that didn't work. Its stuck on find my iphone and ask me to give my password. For some reason it takes me back to the Find my IPhone and ask for my Icloud password.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

if you can't seem to get anywhere on the iPhone itself you can also remove it from the iCloud.com website.

1. Turn the iPhone Off. If the device is on and Find My iPhone has an active location, it will not allow you to delete it.

2. From a computer, go to www.icloud.com and sign in using the iCloud ID that is currently tied to the iPhone in question.

3. Now click on Find My iPhone.

4. Click on All Devices at the top of the Find My iPhone screen.

5. Find the device in question in the list and click on it.

6. On the next screen, click on Remove from Account. You may get a popup over the map instead, if that's the case, refer to below.

7. One more popup will come up asking you to confirm. Click on Remove.

Note: If you got a popup with device information on the map instead of the device information screen, verify the device is Off and Find My iPhone isn't finding a location for it. If that's the case, follow these steps:

1. Click on All Devices at the top of the Find My iPhone screen one more time.

2. Find the device in the list again and this time you should see a gray x appear to the right of it. Click it.

3. A popup will appear asking you if you're sure you want to remove the device. Click Remove.

Now turn the iPhone back on.