Engineer John C., Cell Phones Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

My daughter's LG Xpression phone power button isn't

Customer Question

my daughter's LG Xpression phone power button isn't working…. we have it connected to the computer, charging and the LG screen comes on and shows that it's charging, but we can't get the phone to come on. Also it doesn't show on my computer that it's connected. We're just trying to get the photos/texts off of it.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Please first try removing the battery for 5 minutes, then plug it back. If you don't know how to remove it, please open the attached image with the instructions.

Then please charge the phone for at least one hour and then turn it ON. If it doesn't work then the battery or the charger may be defective. Or the circuit board inside the phone may be defective as well. In this case please let me know if the unit is still in warranty.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, I did both of those things and it still doesn't work. The battery is fully charged, and the LG screen comes up, but the on/off button on top of the phone doesn't turn it on or off. We are trying to figure out how to get her pictures off of the phone and onto the computer. We tried connecting it to the computer, but it doesn't show that it's connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, it is not under warranty anymore
Is there a way to get the pictures off of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
I received an email asking me to rate you, but I haven't yet received a reply from you to my follow up question (above).

If the phone doesn't turn on the computer won't detect it.

I would bring the phone to a repair location in order to fix the phone and be able to retrieve the pictures. What's your zip code so I can try to find a repair location for you, or check here also https://ifixandrepair.com/locations/

If they don't have locations near you, please give me your zip code, I will try to find one for you.

ThanksJohn