Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I received the LG G4 LG-H540 dual sim card cell phone today.

Customer Question

Hi. I received the LG G4 LG-H540 dual sim card cell phone today. Unlocked. My carrier is AT&T. before buying the phone i made sure that it was compatible with my carrier and it is. Right now i owned the Galaxy S3 Mini. Must i have two sim cards for the LG and where does the SD micro card goes?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You can use it with one SIM cards and other SIM is optional. To put it in the SD card, you have to take out the back cover. Next to Camera (on right side), you will see slot for SD card there (with a label next to it). So put the SD card on the slot and slide it in. See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhvDGhy1-fs

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Than why is the phone telling me"No Sim-No service"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong video for wrong phone. I had already watched this video three times and it's not for the phone i have. I finally figured out how and where to install the micro sd card on my own but i can't make any calls.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No SIM means there is no SIM on one slot and No Service means the SIM card you put it is not working on the phone or there is no enough coverage to get signal. Did you check the SIM on another one ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

The video was for reference only. Do you have another SIM to check ? To make sure, this is an factory unlocked phone. Right ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the sim card that was on my galaxy S3 Mini and yes it works find on the galaxy.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Is this is a factory unlocked G4 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i checked before buying it to make sure that it would work with my carrier ans 3G.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Put in the SIM on SIM 2 slot and does it work ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Did you try both SIM slots ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

After that, restart your phone. Go to Settings > Mobile Networks and change the network mode to GSM only. Does it work in GSM mode only ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will minimize this page and get back to you or someone else sometime this afternoon or evening. I'm having no luck right noe, it's late and i'm going to bed as i have to be up early.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You can add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later.

This question will not be closed. I've seen this issue before. Issues with SIM can also cause this problem (yes, even if it is working on another phone). If possible, test with another card and this will tell us what the issue is. Remember to change the network mode and test. Good Night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. will do. Good night.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Good Night

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Good Night