Sijad H.
Sijad H., Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Experienced in technical repair, troubleshooting and software related issues with various types of cellphones.
61965098

I have an LG regular cell phone VN280. How do I download

Customer Question

I have an LG regular cell phone VN280. How do I download pictures from the phone to my windows 7 computer
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

1. Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
  2. From the computer, launch Windows Explorer/Finder.
    For Windows Explorer, press the Windows+E keys ( +E) using the computer keyboard.
    For Finder, click the Finder icon located on the dock.
  3. From Windows Explorer/Finder on the computer, create a new folder in the desired location.
  4. Then in computer/my computer, locate the device labeled as your phone and open it. Locate the pictures folder it can also be labeled DCIM.
  5. Use the computer to copy picture/video files into the newly created folder.
  6. To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created folder and copy desired files into it.
  7. Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not help me get the pictures. When I open the phone icon on the computer there are no folders, so there is no DCIM folder either. I don't think I should be charged for this since you did not help me. I already saw this solution and as I said, I do not have any DCIM folder.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Please verify the model number for me. Just to make sure it is the VN280.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

With the device plugged in to the computer,

1. From the main screen, select MENU.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select USB Mode.
  4. Select an option.
    • Modem Mode
    • Mass Storage
    • Ask On Plug

Select mass storage mode and then locate your phone in Computer and see if that folder is there. There is a good chance the folder will open on its own when switched to mass storage or the computer will ask what you want to do and you can select open folder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am getting help from LG for free.