Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Why doesn't my cell phone ring when someone calls. Yes, I

Customer Question

Why doesn’t my cell phone ring when someone calls. Yes, I have checked settings…..Help!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Which model of phone is this ? Samsung, Sony, Apple iPhone etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an Apple 5…Why won’t it ring when I’m getting a call?MOST of the time, it doesn’t. I have checked settlngs, turned the phone off, help
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

First make sure you didn't turn on the silent/mute switch. If it is turned on (you will see red color on the switch if it is on) then turn it off. It is on the left, above the volume buttons.

If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset some settings like WiFi, Ringtone settings, wallpaper etc but won't delete anything from your iPhone.

Did that work ? Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.