If you have forgotten the password ***** the phone will need to be reset to its factory settings.
This will wipe everything on it - it is a security feature to prevent anyone using a stolen phone.
To reset your Motorola X phone, first ensure it is fully charged, and then:
1. Ensure the device is powered off, and unplugged
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (located on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.
3. From the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" screen, select Recovery.
Note: Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the menu options and the Volume Up button to select.
4. From the "No Command" screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold the Power button then press and release theVolume Up button to display the menu options.
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset".
Note: Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
6. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Note: Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
You should now be able to access the phone again.