Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My cell phone, a casio rock is not changing despite the fact

Customer Question

my cell phone, a casio rock is not changing despite the fact that I just bought a new battery, do you have any suggestions?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Charge the new battery up for 6+ hours, before trying it again. After sitting upon a shelf for a while, a battery needs this one period of extended recharging to overcome polarization.

After that... if your charger has no sign of dirty or corroded contacts, broken-off or defective contacts, or strained/cut/severely bent/broken-looking wiring... then you may have defective charging circuitry in the phone, unfortunately.