Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I have trying needlessly to reactivate my phone by buying

Customer Question

I have trying needlessly to reactivate my phone by buying minutes. I tried at the local gas station to purchase minutes only tobe told not available until tomorrow. My time expired yesterday Oct 122th. I am away and lost timing. I still have about 56 minutes left on my phone, but can't use them, as phone has been deactivated. My tracfone number is ********. You may e0mail me at ********, or call me at *******. I have also tried by phone to take care of this matter, and I don't know serial numbers, etc. Please!!!!!!!!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having.

I noticed that you mentioned " also tried by phone to take care of this matter".

When you did that, did you actually speak to a person on the line, or did you try to use the phone to renew your minutes?

If you did NOT speak to a person, please try the following Customer Service number for TracFone, AND have your TracFone with you and charged up, so they can walk you through the process of getting the serial number or any other information that is needed.

AND - do NOT let them "hang up" on you UNTIL the phone is reactivated. I know they will say something like "it may take an hour or two to reactivate" - BUT --- if you have a good signal level, reactivation SHOULD be almost immediate.

TracFone Customer Care Center at 1-***-***-****
Hours: 8 AM to midnight (EST) 7 days a week

Please let me know your results - of if you have any more questions or details for me.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the number I called before, but is was voice mail. Unable to speak to a person. Human contact was not offered
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that.

Was that during the normal operating hours?

Let me try that number and see what I hear.

Back soon.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - just called & went through a series of menus, and had to try "Technical Support" as selections. That is how you get to the humans.

Please try again and see if you can get to the same point as I did.

thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)