Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My Microsoft window phone will not light up. Its a Walmart

Customer Question

my Microsoft window phone will not light up. Its a Walmart family mobile phone
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please respond to my question by email. my Microsoft window Walmart family mobile cell phone want light up. so if you call I want be able to answer or know how to answer because my screen want light up
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the exact model number of your phone ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
product serial # ***** or
IMEI: 357782061142008
IF THESE ARE NOT THE MODEL # ***** tell me where will I find the model #
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

That IMIE helped. It is a Lumia 435 model. This usually happens if the firmware is glitched and in some cases issues with battery can also cause this. First we can soft reset the phone and see if it works or not.

Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power at the same time for 10 seconds and this will soft reset it. If that didn't work, then connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable and hold down Volume Down and Power at same time for 10 seconds.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is soft reset ? I did the 10 second thing it made some noise but still cell phone screen is still black. Then I did the USB cable same thing occurred it made noise but still I have a black screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It is a method to force reboot the phone. Call that phone and do you hear it ringing ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the only one in my house and I have no land line phone. Someone called earlier I heard it ring but could not answer because i could not slide the screen and press the needed button to press
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid it is the display that has failed.That is why nothing is showing up on the screen. Your may need to take it back to the store to replace the screen. I want you to remove the battery, wait 5-10 minutes (to reset the components inside it) and then put the battery back and turn it on. See this video to know how to remove the back cover to remove the battery --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwrmdDZI14

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I saw video...removed battery for 10 minutes....replaced it....I still have a black screen
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry. The display of your phone has failed. You will have to take it back to the store to replace the display. If it is less than 1 year old, they will replace it for free.

We've already tried all troubleshooting steps so far and this is something we can't fix online. I know this might not be the answer you want to hear, but there no other solution. If you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied even if the system asked for rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no reason to give you a bad rating. You tried. My concern is: have I been charged on my VISA 18.00 and am I going to be charged 18.00 every month
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you are not satisfied, you can contact***@******.*** for refund or to cancel subscription if any. You can cancel also cancel subscription from here --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription

You will not be charged again unless you subscribed to monthly plan here.

Best Regards,