Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a metal roof and satellite Internet from. Need to

Customer Question

I have a metal roof and satellite Internet from hughes. Need to increase cell phone service. Only get one bar inside. W h at would u suggest
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that an antenna that goes through that roof, for reception/transmission... or perhaps a range extender, placed outside or beyond the metal roof (they do sell weatherproof range extenders, I think) might be what you need.

However, I am not quite clear from your question as to what service you want to increase. Is it the cell phone service, or is it the Hughes satellite internet, or is it both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cell phone service!!
I can only get 1 bar on my phone and tablet which are both Samsung
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Why did the Verizon booster have to be compatible with satellite internet, then, if you didn't want to extend the satellite internet but rather the cell phone service? Is it a satellite phone service? or: What cell phone (by maker and model) do you have, and what service does it use (if you know) ?