Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My daughter's LG Octane five year old flip phone has both

Customer Question

My daughter's LG Octane five year old flip phone has both screens not functioning. These
black screens allow only incoming calls (unannounced), and her sending texts by memory to very few people As she cannot use her contact lists easily. Is there a part she can purchase that will fix the screens? She has another new LG OCTANE, and wants to transfer contact list to it. She wants to save inbox, sent box, many of the files of info she has lovingly utilized over the years. She needs to see all of this info as well as hundreds of pictures, so she can save/edit them. Please, no-one at the local Verizon store or Best Buy knows what to do.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I do not think that a part will fix the black screens of the LG Octane phone in question.
It would be best to get what information is on the phone, off it.
I advise trying a hookup of it to a computer, followed by (hopefully) the computer recognizing it as a storage or 'disk'-type device, and then access to the files stored on it, including esp. the pictures that need to be saved off of it.
There may be a problem with that, if
A. it has no port for a USB cable hookup to the computer, and/or
B. if it needs to have a password ***** on its now-black screens. (Often when such a phone device is hooked up to a computer, it prompts for a password, to authorize access to it by the computer - on the phone, that is, not on the computer.)
As for contacts, inbox, etc.... if she uses GMail, those ought to be on Google's servers, mostly if not completely. But hooking the phone up to a computer might help with recovering those also.
If none of the above is useful, you might need to have the phone's screens repaired. That would not be something that you could do yourself. LG repair for a device like that might do - tell me if that option seems the only one left, and I will advise you further.