Steve G., Electronics Engineer
Experience:  25 years of component level electronic repair.
329447

Bud, I have a very dear friend that I am living with that is

Customer Question

Hey bud, I have a very dear friend that I am living with that is going through some marriage issues. Him and his wife are moving forward in the right direction and she now wants to review all of his phone records. Is there any way to delete all this info?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Is this an iPhone or Android phone?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an iPhone and the carrier is AT&T.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We know how to delete his actual phone, but need to know if we can delete his internal account info within AT&T. Delete the info that shows who he has text and called, etc...
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what are you trying to delete? Phone calls? Texts? Something else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Delete all media texts, mms texts, video texts, iPhone to iPhone messages and specific phone numbers
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You can do this by completely resetting the phone OR you can simply delete them individually.

You would need to go into Messages and delete them one by one.
You would need to go into Phone>Recents and delete them.

You would need to go into Phone>Voicemail and delete those and then scroll to the very bottom, select Deleted Messages and select Clear All.

You would need to go into Contacts and clear out any contacts you don't want.

Delete your Photos and Videos as required.

If you save photos to iCloud, go there on your PC and delete the 'recently deleted' photos.

If you have any other kind of messaging apps, delete the apps from the iPhone.

That should do it. Should only take 10 minutes.

Let me know if you need further help.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not what I'm talking about though. His wife is wanting to pull his phone records from the AT&T bills online to see who he has messaged or called. The information that AT&T has in their system is what we need deleted, not the info on his actual phone, he has already deleted all that.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

That can't be deleted. If it is on the bills, it can't be removed. You would have to delete the actual bills which I don't believe you can.

Think about it - could you log into your electricity bill online from last March and change it?

I'm sorry. There is no way to do what you want to do.

Please let me know if you have further questions.