Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

Got a new cell phone had data downloaded and 3 days later a

Customer Question

got a new cell phone had data downloaded and 3 days later a text showed up on my wifes cell phone that I believe was an old text. She did carry on a texting dialogue with the person could this have been an old text it was dated and timed as current.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

can you tell me what model of phone this is, please?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the first phone was an apple Iphone 4 and he switched to the next one but not the newest one out. The real thing I was interested in was is it possible to text to someone from an old text? This text that showed up on my phone was dated and timed as June 22,23 2015. Is it possible for me to respond to that text on the 22nd unless it was a new text or could I link to his friends phone thru an old text.? He claims he was not texting this woman yet the dates appear to tell a different story. Two nites before this text appeared on my phone he had just transferred his data from the old phone to the new one and a text appeared on my phone that asked if I was accepting texts for him. I naturally pushed yes . Thetext appeared on my phone while I was talking to him on a land line and he claimed it was not coming from his phone. Would his old phone be in service until the transfer was complete? I didnt think you could text in the past or the future and that the thread had to be opened for that to happen. I dont know much about the system but I think this happened with the transfer. However, would an old text be dated and timed as current and could I have carried on texting dialogue with this woman? I know this all sounds confusing but it happened. He claims that if he was texting either with the old phone or the new it would show on the phone records. Is that possible? Hope this helped.
Regards,
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm still a bit confused on the timeline over which this occurred and also on which phone.

If I understand correctly, Person A upgraded from an older iPhone (#1) to a newer one (#2). In the process of this update, Person B received a message on their phone (#3) indicating that Person B and phone #3 would also receive texts sent to Person A's phone. Then the text in question showed up on phone #3 about 3 days later, and was an earlier message from Person C and dated several weeks prior?