Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Cell Phone Expert
62741268

Any one has experience with unlocking i5 cell phone from ATT

Customer Question

Any one has experience with unlocking i5 cell phone from ATT (after two years of contract)?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Randy***** CellTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
Yes, that is possible.
Actually AT&T will do that for you for free. To unlock your phone or tablet to work on another wireless carrier's network, you must submit a request to AT&T to unlock your device from the AT&T wireless network.
From a tablet or PC visit att.com/deviceunlock to submit your Device Unlock Request. Allow two business days for AT&T to process your request.
You can check the status of your request anytime. You'll need your request number and the IMEI number of the device. You can find the IMEI number by dialing *#06#.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already did that. My question is, based on the instructions from ATT, I have to Backup and restore iPhone using iTunes. Will I lose anything on my cell during such process?

Your contacts, pictures, videos will be synced to your computer with iTunes and will be saved Here’s how to back up your iPhone text messages and view them at any time without having them on your iPhone. Back Up Using iTunes or iCloud When you back up your iPhone through iTunes or iCloud, your text messages are backed up as well. Here’s how to back up your iPhone using iTunes. Open iTunes and plug in your iOS device to your computer In the upper-right corner of the iTunes window, you’ll see a button that says iPhone. Click on that button to open another window that provides information about your device. Below the main information is the Backup section. To do an all-out full backup of your iOS device, select This computer on the left-hand side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After backup, How to check if my contacts, pictures, videos are all saved?

To locate the backup:

1. Go to iTunes > Preferences.
  2. Click Devices.
  3. Control-click the backup you want and select Show in Finder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This one doesn't work:

okay, sorry about that. Try double clicking the back up.